- 0800hrs –Pick up at Hotel lobby or upon arrival in Sandakan airport and transfer to the jetty for you adventure on Pulau Selingan,where you will spend the The journey to Selingan Island takes 45 minutes by boat, where you can spend the rest of the day on this tropical paradise island, swimming, sunbathing or snorkeling (gear can be hired and subject to availability).
- At night,witness the phenomenal sight of the famous Green and Hawksbill turtles coming ashore to lay eggs, and the rangers transplanting the eggs to the hatchery, and the act of releasing baby turtles to the sea. Overnight at chalet (basic, communal bathroom or attached bathroom chalet). (Lunch & Dinner)
- Breakfast on Selingan Island. Depart for the Sandakan jetty at 0700hrs boat, and travel directly overland to Sepilok Orangutan Sanctuary to visit the Orangutans which have been orphaned, rescued from illegally captivity or injured. In the Sanctuary, they are being rehabilitated to prepare them to be sent back to the wild. Witness the feeding of the Orangutans.
- Local lunch at Mile 8, Sandakan. After lunch, we depart overland to Sukau where the Kinabatangan River runs through. We will pass through scenic countryside, local villages and plantations. En-route, we will stop and visit the Gomantong Caves- famous for the Chinese delicacy, bird nest.
- On arrival in Sukau, check into a lodge along the Kinabatangan River. In the late afternoon go for a river cruise in search of wildlife. The lower reach of Kinabatangan River has the greatest concentration of wildlife in Borneo. The most famous creature of all is undoubtedly the bizzare looking, proboscis monkeys. Overnight at Lodge (no air-condition) along the Kinabatangan River. Breakfast, simple local Lunch and Dinner is provided on the second day.
- Wake up to the sound of Borneo and breakfast. At 0600hrs. go on an early morning 1 ½ boat cruise on the famous Kinabatangan and its surrounding in search of more wildlife. The dramatic change of colors in the horizon as dawn sets in and beautiful birds of the Kinabatangan region make this boat ride an interesting one. Some of the bird species sighted are elegent egrets, several species of kingfishers, and oriental darter which dives under water to catch its prey, the swift and vividly coloured bee-eaters and hornbills.
- Return to the Lodge for breakfast. Depart overland to Sandakan. Drop off at airport or hotel.
- Selingan Island
- Hawksbill Turtles
- Sepilok Orangutan Sanctuary
- Gomantong Cave
- Spending the night along the Kinabatangan River
- A Boat Cruise on the Kinabatangan River
Price for Package above inclusive of
- English Speaking Guide
Price for Package above exclude the following
* We recommend for your onward flight on Day 3 to be after 1500 hours. Although daily sightings of turtles laying eggs have been reported, but it is not guaranteed.